Excellent Shipping Scale
This postage scale is perfect for me as I have limited space on & near my desk. With the attached read out part, I have that on my desk off to the side, and the scale on a small fable I use for my shipping supplies.
The weighing platform is eight inches square, which is easily sufficient for centering boxes up to 24×24. The key to getting an accurate reading from the Smart Weigh ACE110 Digital Shipping Postal Scale is to have it on a hard, level surface and center what you are weighing on the platform. If not, you will get strange results. The 8×8 platform on this gives you a lot of flexibility.
The Weller WLC100 40-Watt Soldering Station
I have had the Weller WLC100 40-Watt Soldering Station for 5 years now. The level of use it’s seen has varied up and down, depending on how much time I had available to spend on my electronics hobby. The iron itself is absolutely fine for, you guessed it, hobby and DIY use. An personally I think its one of the best soldering stations on the market.
The standard tip is too big for electronics use and must be replaced with something smaller. With this station you need to pay quite careful attention to the way the solder flows when you heat the joint, if you want to produce high quality solder joints.
A Top Rated Electric Pencil Sharpener
One of the best qualities that you should look for is the ability of a pencil sharpener to work on many pencils at a time. The X-Acto School Pro Heavy-Duty Electric Pencil Sharpener definitely fits the bill. It is professional looking and does a great job of sharpening my pencils each and every time. . It is quiet, efficient, and quick. It is hard to find a dull pencil in our house anymore.
Versatile Rotary Tools
A rotary tool kit is a useful set for detailing and repairs around the home. Also useful for sculptors and artists, the tool kit is a capable tool meant for versatile detail work.
- A tool kit is excellent for buffing. This allows you to smooth out uneven surfaces on both handcrafted and store-purchased objects.
- When cutting is important for custom projects, consider a rotary tool.
- If you’re interested in edging or engraving your projects to add a personal touch, the rotary tool kit can assist you with routing.
- With a rotary tool kit, you can simply add a drill bit attachment to the tool.
- With the carving attachment, you can delicately embellish furniture or wood crafts.